2015 In Review: 12 Things I Learned

2





Today being the last day of 2015 got me reflecting on how the year has been. The truth is, 2015 isn't top on the list of my great years, but then I have a lot of things to be thankful for, first being that, I am alive and not lying somewhere in a hospital bed. That I still have my Joy and peace after all I've been through. It can only be God.

So, through the not so great 2015, I did learn some things as I'm sure you did too. I mean we learn everyday from life. Some of the lessons are new and some, life taught me yet again.


                                    1

I have learned to let go and laugh more. Not to take things too seriously all the time 'cos life is short(I'm still gonna be around for the next 70yrs BTW), and perhaps not nearly as serious as we take it.


                                    2

To treat people, not as bad as they are but as good as I am. That i can't treat people badly and expect them to love and respect me. I shouldn't feel bad if the don't.


                                    3

That I am in charge of how I want to feel no mater the situation. To know that happiness is from within not in a thing. So I can will my mind to transmit desired mood per time under any circumstance. I can choose happiness

                             

                                   4

That worrying  is like holding an umbrella waiting for it to rain. it solves nothing. Instead, it clouds your mind with fear/ anxiety and get you all depressed.

But that it's OK to cry sometimes and let it all out(certainly, not in public). it's like refreshing or rebooting your system so as to think, reexamine and regroup your thoughts to do and act better.


                                        5

To appreciate the people in my life, even to the least, 'cos they each have something to contribute or teach.

To appreciate the contributions of my love ones, even in those rare moments when some do not meet my expectations(I probably don't always meet theirs), 'cos truth be told, they have really touched my life in many ways.


                                     6

That it's easier and simpler to be me and do me. Although man is basically a copycat and always trying to keep up with his 'neighbors', trying to do what someone did or has done is a grievous mistake that can blow in your face. one reason being that, the circumstances, situations and capacity are never the same. So, I should do my things as they best fit me and my circumstance allows.


                                           7

That I can't say I am helping someone when I am not doing what they want or need under the circumstance. I shouldn't feel bad if the appreciation gotten is not commensurate with the help rendered.



                                       8

That my dreams are legitimate. To rise above my circumstances and live them. To start, howbeit small, but dream for the top. It won't always be easy, but it would be worth it. To discipline myself to get up and do things even though I am not in the mood or feeling good(this isn't always easy).


                                       9

That I am more than I let myself be. I can be and do more. To explore my creative and business side. To go out more(this isn't easy for an indoor-fun kinda person) and meet people of like minds because networking and relationships are gateways to career successes.


                                       10

That what people think/say about me is their business. I cannot live my life to impress others or give in to the so-called societal pressures at the detriment of my joy and peace. That I owe no one an explanation of my life, except you are God or  paying my bills to the last dime.


                                        11

 To love myself and body. Be mindful of my lifestyle and what I consume in order to stay fit and healthy.


                                        12

To be grateful for how far God has brought me, for my achievements, howbeit, beneath my dreams. To do my possible best under any circumstance, work/pray harder and keep faith because it can only get better and better. That aging is a privilege denied many. To embrace it and own it.


My best is yet to come.

2015: I'm excited and hopeful. Bring it on!!! 



If you are reading this, I'm sure you learned one or more things in 2015. Do share one in the comment section. Also let me know which of my lessons you can relate to. Thanks.


Have a beautiful crossover to 2016


xoxo

-Aitee.

2 comments:

  1. Great lessons @ Aitee. For me, one of the greatest lessons I learnt is that what you want the most may not be what's best for you. I learnt to let go,one of the most difficult things for me but if it'll help me get into 2016 with less drama and less baggage then it worth it. Happy new year dear

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes @meg. Sometimes you have to let go. It's totally worth it. May God grant u what's best for you. Tnx for sharing. HNY!!!

    ReplyDelete